Anybody home?

Anybody home?

Postby chad556 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:57 pm

Its been many months since a progress report was posted on this bird. Any news? You all make AMAZING aircraft, but I see a pattern forming. Perhaps not taking on new projects until the others are finished would be a better way of doing things? Just a suggestion.
chad556

Re: Anybody home?

Postby Emphyrio » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:18 am

It wouldn't appear so, would it.
Given the asssurance....sorta....that there would be lotza updates on Facebook, I go there almost every day and there's lots of fighters but not squat on the E-120 for some time.
I posted here and got answers for awhile.
Then the silence of the lambs descended.
So, It's been almost a year since much enthusiasm for a close to finished (I may be interpreting that wrong....) product was trumpeted (mildly and with a mute), and updates were fortold.
Alas, some horrible form of reality may have intervened.
Emphyrio

Postby CAPFlyer » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:50 am

They posted an update about a week and a half ago on the Facebook page. I'm sorry that wasn't enough for you to show they're still working on it.
CAPFlyer

Postby Emphyrio » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:07 am

My apologies kiddo.
I remember you saying that updates would be "frequent" on Facebook and, since we were talking about the E-120 at the time (I think), I assumed they'd be about that.
I know that those airplanes are not built in a day (much like Rome or Chicago), and I know reality intrudes.
I'll just sit here quietly clutching my money.
Emphyrio

Postby chad556 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:16 am

So whats the excuse now CAPflyer? Is it safe to assume that this project, like many others that Razbam has teased to us over the past 3 years (saab 340, and the ATR for starters)... has been abandoned? Ridiculous. It looked so close to being done.
chad556

Postby CAPFlyer » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:54 pm

If only you would occasionally visit their Facebook page where they've said time and again is where 99% of their updates will be posted. This has been the case for well over a year.

Posted February 1st (bold added for emphasis) -
HIATUS

Dear followers:
We are going for a 1 year FSX/P3D Hiatus in order to develop new technologies, mainly directed to flight model implementation and some more.Also, there is a very slim chance we´ll go back to FSX but keep with current times and concentrate in P3D, which allows us a more ample room to play with.
Also, all our military aircraft developments will be focused on DCS, while for P3D (and or FSX) will be mainly turbo prop liners or small regional liners.
As for the EMB-120, most work on it is fairly done, but it lacks a reliable flight model, in fact all our new technologies efforts are around this bird and it´s flight model, i couldn´t risk to release a beta with a poor flight model, so news about this bird will be known when we have something solid.
This also includes the ATR, and E jets.

All our products will go into a very interesting discount price in all known distributors as in our own online store for the duration.
Thanks for your support, to the FSX/P3D community, we´ll see you again in 1 year or hopefully before!
Best regards
Ron Zambrano
RAZBAM

BTW, the "develop new technologies" is their way of saying that they are beginning work on the new Dovetail Flight Simulator and building new flight models as the new sim will be 64-bit and have a new flight dynamics engine even though most of the models and animations will port directly.
CAPFlyer

Return to Embraer 120 Brazilia